Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Left

On the ride home from the bar that night, Lefty was stuck in deep thought. Right-hand still feeling normal and non-chalant made Lefty feel a little off. He didn't want to jeopardize Right-hand's fortune anymore. He knows that after tonight, he's really alone on the streets. He won't let Right-hand relapse again. Right-hand has a wife-in-waiting, businesses, investments, vacation homes. He's set, and he will always look out for me is what Lefty thought. At the same time, he's given Lefty money but Lefty was all about flipping it, and that's not a problem to Right-hand, or so it seems. They rode in silence, it felt as if an elephant was in the car. Lefty turned the radio off and to approach the silence.
"Son, thank you. Never again" Lefty said.
"I feel you," Right-hand responded.
"You know how life is, and I just thought......."
"It's aight son, trust me." Right-hand interrupted.
"Naw, you got too much to lose."
"What I got, you got. You know me."
"Yeah, live it up for me" said Lefty.
"I gotchu."

The silence crept back into the car, as the two came to agreement. They understood each other. This was the first time they had a talk of this nature, since it came time to choose colleges. They weren't on the same page in their decisions.
"Hit me," Right-hand said as Lefty got out of the car feeling as though he left something behind once again. No more runs with my man, he thought.
He strolled in his house feeling kind of bittersweet. He picked up his phone, and texted one of his late night freaks from his extensive collection. Who's tongith's lucky winner. He can't stand being alone at night...

No comments: