Monday, March 9, 2009

Damn (storytelling)

She say she wanna be famous. I think, what about the money? She say she just wanna be a star. She wanna be like Beyonce.
Me: So you do music?
She: "Naw, I sing, dance, and act."
Me: Which one you do best?
She: I'm good at all three, I used to take dance class, sing in the choir & I just know I can act.
Me:That's what's up. That's what you in school for?
She: Naw, I study criminal justice. I wish i could do it though, I know I'm good at it.
Me: Why not do the dancing and singing shit then?
She: I be singing with my friends and stuff & I dance on youtube. I gotta whole rack of hits and comments. All that, people be saying good stuff about me on there.
Me: That's your fame right there, still what you wanna do?
She: That ain't fame, I want the bright lights, concerts, and movies. I wanna be a star
Me: I mean, you ever study this shit?
She: What you mean? I been doing it my whole life, I just need a chance.
Me: It's easy to imitate what you see, but it ain't gonna get u too far. I asked if you do music, you said "no, I sing."
She: Cause I already know what I'm doing, trust me all my hits on youtube. Somebody gonna get me.
Me: Naw, you capable but not really. You do all those things, but don't really know what you're doing. U can copy not act, move but not dance, sing but not make music. You gotta put your stamp on something if not all three. You're chasing a dream, but you ain't pursuing your goal.
She: Damn..........

No comments: