Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Not Me

After chilling with you, I see I gotta long way to go. I bust my ass on them ice skates, but it was worth it. I finally got to see you smile again. Your way of thinking confuses me though. I did you wrong by all accounts, but for you to be done with men is crazy. You still love me like a brother, and never stopped caring. Yet I am the reason you traded our species in. I pray every dude ain't like me. I ain't the epitome of all men. My actions represent the excuses that most men use; but I was still learning. You've been through more than me, you're older. You're beautiful, but maybe a bit misguided by what I put you through. I can't claim my intentions were good, they were selfish. You say understand me, but you don't completely. If you did, you wouldn't hold the whole species accountable for me. You don't really love women. I saw on your face from our day at The Mall. It culminated when you didn't wanna go home and our day transitioned to the bar. I ain't your man, and won't be. Find one that's good for you though, please?

No comments: