Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life Did it

Sporadic text,
"i miss you"
When you comin' home?
Remember this...?
Remember that...?
Remember "we"...?
Those the conversations every couple of months or so...
We talk about what "we" used to be
And often ask how did "we" get to "used to be"
Most of the time, the finger points to me.
She say i ain't really care, I left her there
That's all i hear...
I did care, I ain't wanna leave her there
I ain't have no idea that the miles, days, weeks,would take the tool that it did
Now, the late-night surprises, impromptu dates, stolen moments are just memories.
I was her journal, she wrote her life on me
She was my canvas, Painted her a masterpiece...
Then life sent us on different paths, and we drifted apart
Still #1 in each other's heart, but life did it's part
It left me without her, and now when these conversations occur...
It's full of what ifs, reality is "we" are only what "used to be"

No comments: